This is my recipe for Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Ball cookies. It is vegan, dairy free, and delicious. Even the non-vegans devour these suckers. Their delicious, they fill your kitchen with that wonderful cookie baking smell, and they are really easy to make. Get ready to enjoy some cookies!
The holiday season…Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah , Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Years, my birthday… Starting November, everywhere you go will be the smell of cakes and cookies and all sorts of unimaginable delights. And, almost all will have eggs or dairy. These cookies should satisfy your cravings–holidays or not!
Imagine a cookie with a peanut buttery taste and soft chocolate center. It is bite sized treat that melts in your mouth. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
They’re easy to make and use very few ingredients. All but the vegan chocolate chips are easy to buy at your local grocery store. You may have to go to a health or specialty store to find them. They’re also available online at stores like Vitacost and Amazon.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of honey or brown rice syrup
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry or unbleached white flour
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Vegan chocolate chips
1. Mix together the oil and peanut butter. Add the honey or brown rice syrup.
2. Sift together flour and baking powder.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture. As mixture will be too thick for a mixer or spoon, use your hands to blend the ingredients. It will be much like kneading dough.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Stuff with 2 or 3 chocolate chips. Pinch the opening to close, but keep the ball shape.
6. Place cookies on a cookie sheet about 1-inch apart. Cookies will flatten a bit but they won’t spread. No need to worry about them bumping into each other when baking.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 40 cookies.
Tip: These can easily be made oil free. Replace the oil with the same amount of water. Peanut butter has some oil in it, so the cookies will come out with almost the same consistency.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Ball Cookie Recipe”
Yum! These look like inside-out peanut butter cups, without the ridges. Do you use commercial peanut butter, or fresh ground? I ask because fresh ground is what we have, and I wonder if it would work as well.
Must try these soon for the peanut butter/chocoholic in my life. Thanks for a can’t-wait-to-taste recipe!
Kathryn, I had never thought of it that way. An inside out peanut butter cup is the perfect description! I normally use commercial peanut butter. I haven’t tried it with fresh ground. I would suspect if it has the texture and similar oil content that it would work just fine. If you give it a go, let me know how it works. I always like to add helpful hints to recipes.