Flush with my success at a quinoa and kidney bean burger, I decided to turn to garbanzos because I had a ton of them in the fridge. Time for experimentation!
This is how I made them:
1. Take 4 tablespoons of garbanzos. Mash them until relatively smooth.
2. Mince a clove of garlic. Mix it in.
3. Take 2 tablespoons of steamed vegetables. Chop them into small pieces.
4. Mix the all three together.
5. Form into patties.
6. Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on one side. Then flip. Microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes.
Serve on bread or bun with your favorite condiment.
Now, I said this was an attempt. I was pleased with the burger that night. It held together for the most part. It tasted good, too.
But, it didn’t save in the fridge well. The next night I pulled out the zipper bag of burgers. Well, it looked more like garbanzo scramble. There was no burger about it.
I didn’t throw it away. I poured the crumbs over toasted bread and made a sandwich of it.
I will have to rethink this one. Maybe I should add grain to the mixture like my quinoa and kidney bean burgers. Back to the kitchen!
Meanwhile, try some recipes from these vegan burger cookbooks!